This smoothie is filled with delicious mocha-y goodness and I can’t get enough! As a coffee lover, I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate it into other things I love. So duh, a coffee based smoothie had to happen!
This is basically one of my favorite chia seed pudding recipes, turned into a smoothie. I’ll be sure to share the chia seed pudding version soon for you to try! In the mean time, give this a try and tell me what you think. (I have a feeling you’re going to love it as much as I do!)
When you read the recipe, you’re probably going to decide it’s too much work, but I promise it really only takes a total of 10 to 15 minutes to make. The night before you want to make this, pop your coffee and chia seed pudding in the fridge. Then in the morning, you’ll be good to go. From there, just throw it all in the blender and you’ll be out the door!
- 2 tbs. Chia Seeds
- 8 tbs. Almond or Coconut Milk
- 3 oz. Coarsely Ground Coffee
- 16 oz. Room Temp Water
- Chia Seed Pudding
- 1 Small Frozen Banana
- 12 oz. Cold Brew Coffee
- 1/2 tsp. Honey or Agave
- 1 tsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 drops Vanilla Extract
- Combine chia seeds and almond/coconut milk in a sealable container.
- Seal and refrigerate over night.
- Add coffee grounds and water to a large mason jar or pitcher.
- Place in fridge over night.
- Pour over cheese cloth to remove grounds.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve sprinkled with coconut flakes.
- You can easily turn this into a smoothie bowl and add granola, fruit, and other toppings! Yum!