It’s no secret that gin is my favorite. So I’m back today with another super tasty and refreshing gin cocktail. This one combines two flavors I don’t use very often and I’m excited to report that it was absolutely delicious!
This cocktail is perfect for summer, but is also great to enjoy all year round. The savory flavor of thyme mixed with the citrus makes this drink great by itself or with a meal.
The orange I used was nice and sweet and when I finished drinking the cocktail, it had soaked up a bit of the pine flavor of the gin and was like a treat in itself! Hey, maybe I’m on to something – gin soaked oranges? haha.
I’m sure everyone is expecting it already, but I used KOVAL Gin for this recipe. What can I say, I just love KOVAL and their spirits! They’re a great company with great product and great employees. And you know I love supporting companies that deserve support (especially smaller companies).
- 2 oz. Fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz. Gin
- 1/2 tsp. Simple syrup
- Club soda
- Combine orange and lime juice in cup.
- Add simple syrup and stir well.
- Add ice, then gin.
- Add thyme sprigs and use them to gently stir.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy!
- To release the flavors from the thyme, gently run the sprigs through your fingers 1-2 times.
- Stirring the cocktail with the thyme will also help infuse the flavor of the herb into the drink.