Cody and I are big sandwich people, especially during summer! Sandwiches are so versatile, easy to make, and are filling. Yes please! We have to make our sandwiches at home so we can ensure mine are truly gluten and dairy free. Since we make them at home, we always face the problem of running out of sandwich ideas to create.
I recently whipped this one up and I’m so excited with how tasty it turned out!
I’ve been craving a summer sandwich since the weather is getting crazy warm. The sweet and spicy flavors in the La Victoria salsa makes the perfect summer “slaw”!
Here’s how to make it:
- 1 Ciabatta Roll
- 1 Cup Grilled Chicken (shredded)
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cabbage
- 3/4 Cup La Victoria Pineapple (or Mango) Salsa
- Toast roll and shred grilled chicken
- Add mayo to roll
- In a bowl, combine cabbage and salsa - stir
- Add chicken to roll
- Top chicken with "slaw"
- Finish off with top bun
- I substituted vegan mayo and a gluten/dairy free roll and it was delicious!
- The "slaw" gets its creamy taste from the mayo on the roll, without having to add a ton to the recipe - this keeps the sandwich light and refreshing!
- I've also made this with brisket instead of chicken and YUM - give that one a try too!