Here I am sharing my last summer popsicle recipe of the season. Feeling sad that summer is over, but excited for all the fall and holiday posts/recipes to come! Those of you that are in areas that are still super hot (like me) will be loving these summer recipes long into October, and if you’re on the other side of the world, these will be perfect as you transition into summer.
I’ll be completely honest when I say that I liked these WAY more than I ever expected to. The first time I made these, I used coconut milk (like I did with the blueberry mint popsicles.) Something about the combo of strawberry and coconut just wasn’t for me (although I know a lot of people that LOVE it) so I decided to give it a try with almond milk. Oh my, they were so tasty!
I couldn’t (and still can’t) believe how creamy they were and still so refreshing! The subtle basil flavor balances the fruitiness perfectly. Ugh, I’ll be making these as long as possible.
- 16 oz. Almond Milk
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1 cup Sliced Strawberries
- Fresh Basil
- Place almond milk and simple syrup into blender.
- Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add strawberries and continue to pulse. Allow the strawberries to break apart throughout the mix, but do not blend completely.
- Pour mix into popsicle molds.
- Add a few basil leaves to each mold.
- Freeze for at least 5 hours.
- For a stronger basil flavor, use a basil simple syrup!
- Both fresh and frozen strawberries work great in this recipe.
- You can also replace the almond milk with coconut or cashew milk, depending on which you prefer.